Trapping Nuisance Animals

The Craven Pamlico Animal Services Center will humanely trap stray dogs and cats upon request. Animal Control Officers may set traps only on private property and only after receiving written permission from the property owner or renter.

Requesting Animal Traps

Traps for dogs and cats are set at the discretion of the Animal Services Center and are on an "as available" basis. A waiting period normally applies due to demand.

Citizens may request traps by either calling 252-637-4606 or by visiting the Animal Services Center.

Trapping Wildlife

Wildlife may be trapped only if the wild animal is showing obvious signs of rabies or has exposed or potentially exposed humans, pets, or livestock to rabies. Nuisance wildlife must be trapped by a Wildlife Depredation Agent. For a list of local Depredation Agents, call 1-800-662-7137.