"It is easier to preserve health than to recover it, easier to prevent disease than to cure it." -- Dr. George Cheyne, 1725
It is the mission of the Craven County Health Department to build upon the history of public health while responding to the dynamics of the growth of our county and the changing priorities of the health system.
We strive to improve the health status, and thereby the quality of life of our citizens by providing:
- A doorway of access to the medical community
- Assistance to employees in their professional growth and recognizing them for their accomplishments
- Environmental services to ensure a safe community in which to live
- The highest quality services at the most efficient cost
- Prevention, screening, treatment, referral and education services